Clark County Washington has an opening for Deputy Prosecuting Attorney.
WeVillage Flexible Childcare is looking for Preschool teachers and aides in various Portland locations such as Pearl District, Northeast, Hillsboro, and Happy Valley.
A Forensic Scientist performs complex laboratory analyzes on physical evidence, devises analytical approaches to casework that may include research and/or generating or modifying methods, interprets analytical results, prepares
written reports and testifies as an expert witness in courts of law.
Part-time Toddler Room Teacher
Teacher for Toddler Room class (2- and 3-year-olds), with 9 children per day. This position’s work day will one to two days per week (preferably Tuesday, option for Monday and Tuesday). SWPCC generally follows the Portland Public Schools calendar. Work with 2-3 parent helpers, in coordination with the lead toddler teacher. Work with SWPCC’s four other teachers to help design and carry out Toddler Room activities. The job includes occasional meetings outside school hours, including attending three Board meetings during the academic year.
Please note that the job posting closes on April 30th. Interviews will be during the 1st week in May. All submissions will be acknowledged. Thank you!
Find out more here.
Become an Active Children Portland Coach!
We are hiring a Part-Time Paid Soccer Coach/Mentor positions for after school programs in the Portland Metro Area at 39 different Elementary and Middle School sites for our Spring season beginning March 17, 2017
The Position: At Active Children Portland, we don’t just hire coaches, we hire mentors to change children’s lives. All of our coach-mentors work with a team of 15 kids in an afterschool setting. A coach-mentor works to support the SUN site staff from after school until pick up. You will connect with their team after school and assist with the transition from class to practice, including snack, soccer practice, and homework time. Our curriculum, Soccer for Success, is a nationally recognized youth development curriculum that covers nutrition, literacy, community service, and soccer.
Our Spring season is 8-10 weeks long, hours from 2-5:30, Monday through Thursday with game days on Saturdays from 9-1. All of our coach-mentors make a commitment to be available during the season at those times. Training dates are March 17th and 24th.
- Responsible – Arrive at your site 10-15 minutes early to set up for a smooth transition from after school snack into practice time. Keep accurate attendance, provide pictures when requested, attend all Active Children Portland trainings and utilize supplemental materials, communicate with your site manager and Active Children Portland staff.
- Be a Mentor – Work with your team on soccer skills as well as life skills, such as team building, conflict resolution, homework help, community service, and character building.
- Reliable, patient, enthusiastic, and fun!
- Coaching Experience – Soccer or coaching experience is a plus, but if you are great with children and have some familiarity with the game, education, or youth development, you are a great candidate.
- Bachelor’s degree (or pursuing) in education, child development, recreation, community development, or exercise sciences.
- Previous teaching, coaching, or mentorship experience.
- Coach-Mentors are paid $13-$15 dollars/hour, based on experience.
- Must be able to work in the US without Visa sponsorship and pass a background check.
Healthy Living- Kids attend Active Children Portland’s Soccer for Success program after school 4 times a week throughout the academic year. Participants learn about eating right and other ways to stay healthy, and they gain important decision-making and relationship skills from their interactions with coach-mentors and peers.
Mentorship- Soccer for Success coaches are also mentors. They teach kids the fundamentals of soccer, but also strive to help children build confidence and recognize the value of hard work, teamwork and persistence in achieving personal goals. By learning what it takes to play a team sport, kids are also being prepared to be productive citizens.
Community-focused- The lessons Soccer for Success teaches don’t stop on the field. Coach-mentors meet with families regularly to educate parents and guardians about how to embrace an active and healthy lifestyle and nurture their child’s personal growth.
America SCORES empowers students in urban communities using soccer, writing, creative expression, and service-learning. You will use their Power of Poetry curriculum to provide your team with unique opportunities for learning and creative expression through active, engaging, poetry lessons.