Bethany Church in Canby,OR is looking for a front desk administrative assistant.
the job description is as follows:
• Warmly welcome visitors, guests, and people-in-need who enter the church.
• Acts as the communication liaison with the custodian and facilities team in regards to building maintenance and set up requirements for events.
• Monitors staff presence and availability.
• Quickly evaluates how best to respond to and serve our guests in a Christ-like professional manner, enlisting the help of the other staff as necessary.
• Answers, screens, and forwards incoming calls for the staff
• Provide direct support for the Lead Pastor as needed
• Order and organize meal for twice monthly elder meetings
• Manage the church calendar, ensuring it is accurate and up-to-date
• Create weekly worship folder
• Add new visitors and update church data-base system as necessary
• Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS include the following:
• Be at least 18 years of age
• High School Diploma or greater
• Exceptional conversational understanding and use of English language; good grammatical skills
• Willingness to serve Christ and His church
COMPETENCIES AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
• Able to follow written and verbal instructions
• Able to communicate ideas well
• Able to organize and manage both information and time effectively
• Sufficient literacy skills to perform the Essential Functions of the job
• A warm and patient attitude
• Attention to detail and accuracy
• Good organizational skills with the ability to comfortably multi-task
• Ability, focus, and discipline to work with minimal direct supervision
• Computer Proficiency
To apply for this position, please send a resume and cover letter to Robin at Robin@canbybethany.org with the subject line “Administrative Assistant Position”.