Job Summary: The Human Resources department seeks to hire a student worker to assist us with a variety of supportive tasks, including but not limited to data entry, scanning and filing, front desk help, answering phones and dispersing of emails to the appropriate HR staff as needed in addition to other administrative tasks including but not limited to:
- Must be detail-oriented, organized, able to quickly learn new tasks and able to work well with a variety of people including staff, faculty and students. The ideal candidate will exhibit the following:
- Student should be self-motivated and have the ability to work independently.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite and other database work.
- Maintain a professional physical appearance (appropriate clothing, personal hygiene, etc.)
- Dedication to excellent customer service and a professional demeanor
To Apply: Please submit the Student Worker Application. The position is open until filled.
Hiring Manager: Greg Gulliford (Talent Acquisition and Development)
Our career fairs focus specifically on Sales, Business Development, Sales Marketing, Customer Service, and Retail & Sales Management jobs, and offer individual, face-to-face time with hiring managers from a variety of different companies.
Our career fairs are open to entry level and recent college graduates as well as executive level and experienced professionals.
Here’s how it works: we will welcome you with a formal executive presentation in which each company will introduce itself and the opportunities they offer. You will then be free to meet with hiring managers from each company that has attracted your interest. At the same time, you will be able to network not only with various employers, but also with other professionals.
Portland Career Fair hosted by United Career Fairs
Monday, June 27th, 2016 – 6pm Sharp
301 West 6th Street
Vancouver, WA 98660
*FREE to attend for job seekers
**Business professional attire required
The Transgender Services Coordinator is responsible for the development, maintenance and growth of transgender health services at Outside In. This position coordinates care for Outside In’s Transgender and gender non-conforming clients regarding appointment scheduling, health care navigation, insurance assistance, and community resources and referrals. The Transgender Services Coordinator provides direct support to Outside In’s primary care medical providers regarding hormone replacement therapy needs, surgical referrals, resource guidance, and client follow-up. This position acts as the public face of the Transgender services offered at Outside In, including client introductions during clinic appointments, clinic outreach at community events, public interviews/inquires, and community trainings, presentations, and panels. This position also oversees the Identity Project and provides oversight regarding Secondary Assessment Services.
This position is 30 hours a week with full medical and dental benefits and a generous paid time off program. Pay is $16.50/hr. The application deadline is 7/7/16.
- Develop and present transgender competency trainings and trainings related to transgender people navigating health services.
- Build, cultivate, and grow relationships with community providers and organizations. Participate in transgender health committees and initiative work groups.
- Work with clients to obtain services and referrals to both internal and external resources.
- Maintain up-to-date current resource guides.
- Remain current on local and national policies and resources for ID changes, Medicaid, and private insurance.
- Escort and advocate for ID Project clients at Portland metro area courthouses and DMV locations.
- Work with behavioral health staff to identify potential clients for Secondary Assessment Service program.
- Experience working with transgender and/or gender non-conforming people.
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends.
- Knowledge of transgender community resources and social centers in the Portland Metro area.
- Experience in coordination, advocacy, or policy change with social service programs or projects.
- Previous experience in supervision or leadership valued.
- Strong oral, written, and interpersonal communication and presentation skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Excel, Outlook, and Epic preferred.
At Outside In, we’re guided by a belief in each individual’s potential for change and growth. Since 1968, we have been successfully empowering homeless youth and other marginalized communities to become healthy and self-sufficient. With a stable leadership team and a collaborative approach to community partnerships, we value hope, integrity and compassion. We believe our people are our greatest asset and we value their competence. Oregon Business Magazine ranked us as “One of the 100 Best Nonprofits to work for in Oregon” six times. At Outside In, your time and talent truly make a difference.
We are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity. Multicultural and intersecting diversities are highly valued.
Please apply online here: www.outsidein.org/employment.htm
A Personal Support Worker (PSW) position has recently come available.
Job Summary: Seeking a male PSW for a very bright, full-of -life, 15-year-old boy with high-functioning autism and ADHD. Duties include assisting in self-care tasks and daily organization, accompanying and guiding in a variety of outdoor and public activities, acting as a companion, but also instructor while exploring and learning how to function safely and appropriately in society.
- Has basic knowledge of ASD and ADD with the willingness to learn more as needed.
- Has energy, patience, sense of humor, creativity
- Can follow detailed instructions for medications, schedules, task lists…
- Can be somewhat flexible with availability (activities might be planned the week
- Has excellent communication skills – a must
- Likes to hike, bike, fish …….do lots of outdoor activities
- Has reliable transportation.
- Start Date: July 1, or shortly after.
- Pay: $14/hour
- Hours: 45 hours per month/ 22.5 hours every other week
To Apply: Contact Laura at 971-228-9110 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
St. Andrew Preschool and Kindergarten is seeking to fill the position of Christian Preschool Teacher.
• Co-teacher, part-time 13.75 hours per week, Monday through Thursday afternoons
• September to mid-June
• One class of 4- to 5-year-olds (Two co-teachers with maximum 16 students)
• Nature Explore school – 40 minutes outside each day
• Additional hours may be available as a substitute
• Four-year Early Childhood Education or Child Development degree preferred
• Preschool teaching experience preferred
• Enthusiasm for teaching in a collaborative Christian setting
• Knowledge of Reggio approach/emergent curriculum
• Paid time off
• Continuing education provided
• Pension available after one year of 20+ hours/week
St. Andrew Lutheran Church is located at 5607 NE Gher Road, Vancouver WA 98662
For additional information please see attached flier: position announcement16a
MAXOutreach has several job listings for current job openings in the Portland area.
For additional information, refer to the following PDF announcement:MAX Outreach 6.22.16
Rainier School District is looking to fill the following positions:
Graebel Van Lines is looking to fill the summer position of Movers.
For additional information, refer to the following PDF job announcement: Graebel Van Lines Movers.
Evergreen Public School system has multiple job openings for teachers and support staff.
- Social Communication Teacher at Endeavor Elementary
- Learning Support Teacher at Image Elementary
- Learning Support Teacher at Mill Plain Elementary
- Academic Learning Classroom teacher at Wy’East Middle School
- Day Treatment Teacher at 49th Street Academy
- Social Communication/Learning Support Teacher at Cascade Middle School
- Deaf or Hard of Hearing teacher at Fir Crest Elementary
- Earl Childhood Special Education Teacher at Orchards Elementary
To apply, please call or email
Special Education Coordinator for Secondary Schools
Graebel Van Lines is hiring for multiple positions including movers and truck drivers. Learn more apply by viewing the attached document. Click Here
Southwest Charter School is looking to fill the position of Middle School Teacher.
For additional information, refer to the following link: Middle School Teacher.